Position serves as community relations/receptionist and assists the School Office Manager as needed. Position also manages security at Brookstone, including monitoring and maintaining electronic surveillance systems. Excellent rapport is required with parents, staff, volunteers, and visitors, as well as students to encourage proper behavior and to promote building safety in order to maintain a safe and secure learning environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and welcome all visitors and provide accurate information.
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable.
- Keep daily records of all visitors by requiring sign in/out.
- Protect students from unwanted visitors and trespassers by denying unauthorized access to the building.
- Maintain security during student arrival and departure by monitoring access to the building.
- Keep records and make reports on all incidents detracting from the safety of the school.
- Coordinate the use of electronic surveillance cameras and video equipment to promote the overall safety of building and grounds.
- Follow Brookstone’s safety protocols with potential threats to building, staff, or students.
- Assist School Office Manager.
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Ability to establish and maintain a professional working relationship with students, staff, and faculty.
- Ability to write summary reports of security incidents or breaches of established rules and procedures.
- Focused on building positive relationships, crisis de-escalation.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Above-normal standing, walking, and climbing stairs.
- Work is subject to immediate response to an emergency in any part of the building.
- Ability to work in various types of environmental conditions; ability to walk/run, stoop/bend; ability to hear at normal levels; good eyesight to include peripheral, color perception, focus and depth perception; good physical condition. Must have the ability to lift/move 40 lbs.