Middle School Pre-algebra/Math Teacher
Summary Job Description
Brookstone Schools’ full time teacher serves students and is committed to fulfilling our mission within our community of students and families. The role includes all aspects of teaching, classroom management, and student/parent interactions. Reporting to the principal, this salaried (exempt) role serves during the approximately ten-month academic school year. Exact grade level and class assignments are to be determined as scheduling decisions are finalized for the new school year.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Teaching courses as assigned. Selecting instructional resources based on class and individual student needs and in collaboration with other faculty.
- Regularly incorporating biblical integration and worldview naturally into teaching content.
- Collaborating with other faculty top remote cross-departmental learning and experiences.
- Using various technologies to support classroom learning. Developing lesson plans and communicating learning goals for various activities.
- Preparing classroom and other materials for activities.
- Observing student progress. Assigning and grading class work, tests, and assignments.
- Managing and guiding student behavior. Providing feedback to students on their work and progress, and encouraging them.
- Communicating with parents regarding student needs and progress.
- Participating in department and curriculum management activities and planning as appropriate.
- Taking advantage of professional development opportunities and keeping up-to-date with developments in appropriate subject areas
- Serving in one or two –extra-curricular areas such as sponsoring a club or serving on a committee.
- Having an attitude of Christian service and modeling Christian principles and behavior to students and colleagues
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Academics
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, reflecting a desire to serve Him and others in work and life.
- Eager to serve in a Christian learning environment, modeling diligence, perseverance, resilience, patience, courage, and Christian discipleship.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred. Teaching experience preferred.
- An understanding of teaching with biblical worldview and integration.
- Positive attitude and a genuine love for and ability to connect with students.
- Passion for learning, strong classroom management skills, and a willingness to work collaboratively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively and professionally with students, parents and faculty/staff.
- Ability to represent the school well to others and our community.
- Demonstrated ability to serve with initiative and pro-active approaches.
- Computer skills as applicable for effective teaching.
- Able to lift/move up to forty pounds when needed.
- Teaching license beneficial.