Whether you were able to attend our in-person event or not, we wanted to share with you a little snapshot of the evening’s highlights and invite you to pass it along to your friends!
Cameron Poe and Aliyah Peay-Myers, both 8th grade students, graciously welcomed our guests and sponsors, Mrs. Jackson and the Chapel Dancers led us in two songs of worship, and Nyomi Murray said the blessing.
We got to hear from Mrs. Hasharina and her daughter, Egypt. Egypt Maxwell-Wright called Brookstone her home school from Kindergarten to 8th grade. She graduated in 2021 and is now enrolled at Charlotte Christian School with a desire to pursue a career in medicine. Watch Egypt’s story here:
Head of School, John Murray, shared how God has blessed Brookstone in spite of the challenges of the COVID pandemic. Some highlights include:
- Our Full-Year School Counselors from Christ Centered Community Counseling (C-4) with alumni Jon Baldwin and Jarris Bell
- Our Full-Time School Nurse Shelley Youngblood
- Our Academic Support Program led by Jai’esha Huntley, Faith Sawyer, and Marsha Harris.
- Our 5th-8th Grade Middle School Sports Program—led by Athletic Director Jamall Jenkins
- Our 6th-8th Grade Friday Electives—including Music, Voice, Art, STEM, Chess, and Yearbook
- Our 8th Grade Washington, DC Trip in April
- Our Expanded Classroom sizes and Additional Classrooms–provided by First Baptist Church
Watch this video to catch a glimpse of these highlights and more!
Your support ensures that we can continue to offer these opportunities to under-resourced students in our community. More than 80% of operating costs are covered by Brookstone Partners.
Thank You for helping to make a difference.
Give the Gift of Education, Give the Gift of Hope
Credit Card and Bank Draft accepted here:
Does your company match your giving? Find out here!